Golden Arrow is growing and is currently seeking to add School Bus Dispatcher to its team in Edmonton.
- Generating and maintaining a master list of all routes and trips
- Maintaining current, organized files on each route; ensuring that all files include information needed to describe the route, contract details, program details, school information, maps, vehicle and driver assignments, passenger lists, etc.
- Assisting Drivers with routing directions and communicating special service requirements
- Notifying the school districts of all changes in route assignments, emergency situations, accidents, breakdowns, or any other event disrupting service
- Create/improve existing operations systems
- Coordinating vehicle service schedules with Maintenance supervisor to ensure uninterrupted service on assigned routes
- Maintaining current list of all available Drivers and spare vehicles
- Submitting required reports and paperwork to Operations Manager in a timely manner
- Provides on call support
- Dispatches buses and responds to two-way queries form the drivers
- Maintains driver’s daily logs and pre-trip sheets
- Assist in answering public and driver inquires and finding solutions to concerns
- Assist in submitting daily pre-trip mechanical deficiencies to the shop
- Maintains a professional and courteous disposition in stressful situations
- Keep appropriate staff informed of any major issues, changes, concerns etc. in an expedient fashion
- Minimum Grade 12 High School Graduation Diploma. Post-secondary education an asset.
- Minimum 6 months experience in Driver position
- Knowledge of routing and local area / streets
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.); knowledge of transportation software a plus
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed multi-tasking and time / priority management skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize integral to this position
- Previous dispatch experience a plus
- Office environment. Monday to Friday based on schedule
- Flexibility with work hours to meet operational needs. Occasional weekend on call required.
A Career with Golden Arrow Offers:
Competitive salary & comprehensive company paid benefits package including, health, dental and life insurance. Interested applicants, please forward your resume by responding directly to this ad. All applicants will be treated with the highest degree of confidentiality. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified applicants will be contacted.